More things doesn’t equal more happiness— this holiday season, challenge yourself to let go, live intentionally, and be happier with less.
The ideal holiday season most likely looks different for all of us. But considering ’tis the season for all things jolly and joyful we can assume that your ideal holiday looks like lots of laughter, good food, connection, and even space to kick up those fluffy holiday socks, grab a good book with a hot drink and allow space just to be.
It’s the perfect balance of laughter and connection with a mix of rest and relaxation.
Are we asking for too much?
It may seem so, especially when you glance at your to-do list and it’s filled with holiday cards to be mailed, cookies to be baked, presents for all the cousins that still need to be bought, and you haven’t yet sent out the invitations out for your holiday work party. Things are adding up.
So how exactly do you stay focused on what’s most important? How do you create the right balance this holiday season and live a nourished holiday?
It starts by breaking free of the traps of holiday schedule shaming and creating intentions you choose to live by.
These intentions help you turn those endless holiday commitments into slow coffee breaks with friends, an extra date night with your partner, and picking up those classic Christmas movies to watch with pajamas on all of Friday night.
This is the year to make it the more joyful, less stressful holiday you’ve always dreamed about.
Today we challenge you to create your own holiday intention list so your holiday dreams can finally become your reality.
How To Set Intentions
Setting intentions is like creating a map of where you wish to go. It is the driving force behind reaching what you wish to achieve.
Start by connecting with the elements of your life that are most significant. Those things that bring you the greatest joy, satisfaction and energy and start building there.
Create a list, deep from your core, of how you desire to live this season. These aren’t necessarily bucket list items—although you can add a few to your list—but rather the foundation in which you will filter all activities that come your way.
Basically, what can make the good better this season?
Your Holiday Intention List
Your intention list could be broad or very specific. Whatever it, is start writing them down, and remember, these aren’t just more to-do’s to add to your list, but values to create action in your life. Have fun with it and know that these intentions become the for your holiday season.
Take out your Nourished Planner and use the blank page at the back of this month to write your intentions. Or simply grab a sheet of white paper and have at it. Keep them close to you and remember this is your dream coming to fruition this season.
Our Holiday Intentions List
Alexa’s Holiday Intention List:
- Block off Saturday mornings until 11:00 am with nothing – giving myself permission to go slow.
- Take a hot bath or shower nightly.
- Drink enough water daily – portion it the night before.
- Get outside for 20 minutes a day – no matter what.
- Make Sunday’s my day to log-off.
- Have a holiday baking day with my kids – just because and who cares about the mess.
- Take one day away to reflect on the past year and plan for the new year.
- Make Friday night take-out and a movie night – no work just rest and relaxation.
- Start a new family tradition – get the kids involved.
- Pick one day for each of the family members and do everything they want for that day – make the focus of our season on making memories.
Heidi’s Holiday Intention List:
- Journal every morning to let it all out and set the day up for success.
- Get rid of the clutter in my house to add calm to the chaos.
- Be kind to myself. I don’t have to do it all.
- Stop what I’m doing when my family comes home to fully engage with interest.
- Let go of making it the perfect holiday. All of my holiday decorations do not need to be put out this year.
- Think of others before myself, and give, give, give.
- Take one photo every day that’s a reminder of either the holiday or simply an every day highlight. And not just of what I ate!
- Keep my to-do list at just 5 top things, and do them. Then, don’t dive into anything else but me time.
The Most Important Things
- Have fun with this and don’t take it or yourself too seriously—it’s just life.
- You’re allowed to make mistakes, screw things up and eat way too much—you’re so not alone!
- Make sure you remember the most important things – be kind to yourself in this process.
- Remember your intentions are what you’re truly after this season, not the specific outcomes or actions.
- Allow this to take the pressure off of yourself, have more fun and trust that things will manifest as they’re meant to—especially if you open up and let them. Make this the season you choose to show up!
Make Meal Planning Easier with the 2018 Nourished Planner
The 2018 Nourished Planner planner pre-launch sale is officially on. Last year’s planner sold out so quickly we’re giving our fave followers a head start to claim theirs before they ship.
To see a quick run-down of what you can expect in this year’s version of the 2018 planner, click here.
And check out our Batch Cooking Basics, where you’ll learn the REAL secrets to successful meal prep, and it starts with just a few simple recipes.
Thank you for following Nourished Planner, and see more on Instagram and Facebook. Sign up for our FREE Weekly Meal Plans and Shopping Lists emailed to your inbox here, and sign up for the Nourished Life Challenge here.
Win A Planner
Make sure you follow us on Instagram and Facebook and tag us in a post stating your own holiday intentions. We can’t wait to see what you have in store for this month and thought it would be fun to encourage one another along the way. Tag us @nourishedplanner and use the hashtag #thenourishedholiday and show us what you’re up to this month.
Also, follow along with our 25 days to a Nourished Holiday and you could win your very own 2018 Nourished Planner plus one to give to a friend. Be sure you tag us and use the hashtag #nourishedholiday for your own chance to win!
Cheers to making this a holiday season you won’t soon forget!